background

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Where Ya Going?

Start at the Beginning


It is hard to say when my journey actually began, as it seems the actual beginning would be when I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and started truly writing.  But then, I have been writing various things for years without the slightest notion of sharing it with anyone.  So for the sake of clarity, my wishes to become a published author began only a few short years ago.  (No time at all, really.)

Research

As with anything that I am unfamiliar, I started with the World Wide Web as my infinite resource.  WOW was that daunting.  There is so much contradictory information out there about traditional publishing versus self-publishing, market trends, author platforms, and the list goes on and on.

The Only Sure Thing I Know

I am certain of one thing and that is, I don’t know anything about the Publishing World. 

It took me a while to look through all of that information but it was easy to decide that I was absolutely a traditional girl!  (Of Course!)

After all, I have put an awful lot of hard work into writing a great book and I want the best opportunity to share it.  In my humble opinion, a literary agent is the expert here and therefore the only way to go.

I Now Have a Map

Every little step of this process seems to take an awful lot of calculated effort.  Who knew that writing was the easy part?  (Seriously!)

No matter how difficult, I am on a mission, now.  I know there is an agent out there in my future and I simply have to find them!  (You can too!)

Hint

Conferences are a great place to start and 2013 Guide to Literary Agents by Chuck Sambuchino is another.

Gosh I have so much more to say about that but it will have to wait until next time!

Until then, Keep Writing.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment